Ai is a leading interactive strategy, design, and development agency. Our core competencies include digital strategy development, user experience (UX, visual design, and enterprise-class software engineering and delivery capabilities. Ai’s client roster includes Saks Fifth Avenue, Tourneau, and ecommerce-only retailers such as Envelopes.com.
The Business Analyst (“BA”) works closely with clients and internal project teams at Ai on web design and/or application projects from inception to completion. It is the BA’s responsibility to gather, document, and otherwise track the business needs and requirements throughout the project life cycle. In addition, the BA will work jointly with the UX Team to understand how a project is built to best support its end users in accomplishing their goals.
The BA will achieve this by facilitating and participating in internal work sessions as well as stakeholder interviews, analyzing requirements, creating functional specifications, user scenarios, and process flow diagrams. In addition, BAs will be expected to develop necessary training documents to support new websites and enhancements to existing systems. The BA must have a strong understanding of the web development life-cycle and foster communication between technical and non-technical audiences, thereby ensuring technology solutions fulfill the client’s business needs.
• Gather, document, and otherwise own business needs and business requirements
• Manage the feature analysis process in conjunction with other Capabilities
• Work closely with the UX team to define and document site / application functionality
• Generate, document, and otherwise own functional requirements and specifications by applying experience and understanding of object-oriented design and use case modeling— specifications can be inclusive of annotated wireframes; use case development; workflow development; and security/content management specifications to be consumed by the Development team and clients
• Define current state to future state workflow process mapping / documentation
• Liaise with other Capabilities throughout Development iterations and QA testing cycles to ensure quality solution that delivers business results
• Work jointly with QA on test planning activities inclusive of participating in definition of required tests
• Participate in testing and lead the effort to identify requirement-to-solution gaps and resolutions
• Evaluate the performance of the business solution, identify opportunity for improvement and refine targets for future releases.
• Experience with Magento and/or Demandware a plus
• Content taxonomy modeling / object modeling experience a plus
• 3+ years in a BA role, preferably with ecommerce exposure
• Extensive use case development experience a must
• Experience leading client meetings and requirements gathering sessions
• Familiarity with technical / software development cycles
• Ability to work with multiple teams and coordinate interests – inclusive of collaborating with both UX Leads and Technical Architects to create user-centric solutions
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Comfortable in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment
• Demonstrates very strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Working knowledge, if not proficiency, with web analytics, content management, web search, campaign management, ecommerce, etc.
• Ability to quickly gain the trust of clients and other third parties (if applicable) as part of an engagement
This is a contract (or contract-to-full time), on-site position at an award-winning company with a passion for smart design and fulfilling user experiences. Ai is located in the Flatiron district of Manhattan, in a bright, cheerful office complete with game room and dog.
This is a long term contract position with the potential for full time. The chosen candidate will work on–site at an award–winning company with a passion for smart design and fulfilling user experiences. Ai is located in the Flatiron district of Manhattan, in a bright, cheerful office complete with game room and dog named Mayor Jack Reynolds.